Many people are not aware of the type of kitchen design they have, and it really doesn’t matter as long as primary needs are met. They could have a modern, classic, or both like a modern classic kitchen design. Whatever the design, some elements of a kitchen remain the same, except for when it comes to functionality, which is the main criteria. If you’ve been rummaging, catalog after catalog about modern colorful kitchens then we have five aspects to talk about a modern kitchen.
Five aspects that make your kitchen modern
Your kitchen deserves all the space it can get and so do you when you line up those cooking dishes. Let’s look at these five aspects that make up a modern kitchen.
- Adding personality to space – This is as modern as it gets, and when we say ‘modern’ we mean colored splashbacks and sleek stool bars. Doing away with clutter like stuffy benchtops, and accessories that you barely use. Modern colorful kitchens are often the outcome of additional storage that is strategically added to the design.
- Island benches with contrasting colors – One of the most practical usage of space constitutes island benches. They can be easily tucked under the island table and you can even play around with the color. Some additional drawers can also be put into the mix where you can place items that have no designated location in the kitchen.
- Placing lights – Lighting plays a huge role in the kitchen. A modern kitchen means that every aspect has a reason behind where it’s been placed. It’s the same with lighting, and that is why be it pendant lights, chandeliers, or scone-shaped lamps – the placement is extremely essential. For instance, choosing a vibrant bright color that helps you see what you’re chopping, baking and grilling in the kitchen.
- Minimalist cabinetry – Cabinets are a lifesaver when it comes to storage space but in the past, it was more about feature detailing. Now, we suggest that for your modern classic kitchen design, make sure your cabinets provide a clean, sleek and uncluttered space. The cabinets can be designed with minimalist hardware with a black, stainless steel, or chrome finish.
- Appliances that go with your lifestyle – There are modern appliances designed with the primary consideration of functionality. For instance, using a double oven can help you cook all the dishes faster before the guests arrive. Stainless steel appliances are a popular choice among modern kitchen lovers.
Modern colorful kitchens look amazing because of the fact that they factor in both aesthetics and functionality. This is why several people now want their kitchens to look modern as the element of usability is strategically placed. So, they look good while displaying their talents in the kitchen. While some people still want their kitchen to evoke a sense of classic vintage style. The modern classic kitchen design never lets them down. Feel free to browse through our kitchen designs to get a feel of what we mean.