Classic kitchens come with a warning – they’ll look amazing no matter the number of times you update its look. They’ll look simply divine even if you don’t change a thing. Now, if you’re looking for an affordable way to upgrade your kitchen then manipulating the look is quite a common practice.
Many people have changed their classic design kitchen by modifying the tones and lighting fixtures in the kitchen. It has transformed their look and brought in some pleasant vibes.
Lighting ideas for your kitchen
It’s a very simple idea but a genius one at that because just by changing the way your kitchen is lit up can uplift your mood.
Check out a few of these lighting ideas for classic kitchens.
- Put up a chandelier or two – just use those simple ones but not just anyone. Add luster to your kitchen by using seashell discs or other light reflecting items to your ceiling lamps or chandeliers. The lighting will change the way you could ever look at your kitchen.
- Get closer to earthy tones – If you are familiar with cone-shaped lamps then picture them hanging from your ceiling. Use earthy tones to spruce up the kitchen room’s neutral palette.
- Pendant lights are a charmer – Want to keep it simple and sublime? Pendant lights are the most attractive feature in a classic design kitchen. These are small, disc-shaped lamps with a thin chain supporting their stance over kitchen tops and counters.
- When the candlestick glows – If you’re a fan of candle light dinners, this one won’t disappoint you. In fact, you might just decide to have a dinner date every night in the kitchen with your partner. Electric candlesticks are also available, which is more suitable in fact for any kitchen. Make sure the color of the candlesticks and the stand are in contrast with the color of the walls.
- Go big with a candle chandelier – A brass chandelier with electric candles can give classic kitchens a rustic and vintage look. Add to this a warm-shaded wallpaper and rustic table, you have yourself a twist on classic style.
- Large and heavy pendant lights – A richer look to your classic design kitchen should involve a large pendant lamp or two. These add character to your interiors and ensure that the transparent glass lamp gives an airier atmosphere to the kitchen.
- Globe it up – There’s a certain appeal to simplicity that nothing can beat. This is what comes with globe lights. The right placement can make up for any lost appeal to your kitchen.
- Bounce the light with Opaline lighting – If you want light to travel around the kitchen, fix glossy opaline pendants from your ceiling above the kitchen island. This lighting makes it a great fit just sitting down and having a conversation with your bestie and a hot cup of cocoa.
Lighting up classic kitchens with a tinge of creativity is enough to transform its look. If you want to check out some interiors, head over to our classic design kitchen section now.